A modern twist to an old favourite recreational activity
The light and fast-paced sport is back for its third year at the CCV Summer Games. Relatively new to North America, interest in floorball has taken off with the support of the BC Floorball Federation. Last summer, teams were quick to pick up this hybrid of ball and floor hockey in a 4-on-4 format. However, it was BC Floorball Federation who effortlessly swept the competition aside to a solid victory. Come check out one of the latest and greatest sports to come to Canada!
|Date||Saturday June 6th & Sunday June 7th|
|Time||Saturday: 3pm – 10pm
Sunday: 10am – 4pm
Please See Schedule Below
|Format||Co-Rec Floorball 4’s|
|Venue||Richmond Olympic Oval|
|Skill Level||Day 1 Round Robin. Day 2 will be tiered based on day 1 results for playoffs.|
|Players||Min 6 | Max 12 (Minimum one of the opposite gender, has to be a player and not the goalie)|
- Games are played four-on-four plus goalie
- Each preliminary game will consist of three 10-minute periods and a 3 minute break between each period. Each playoff game will consist of three 12-minute periods and a 3 minute break between each period. Each team is allowed one 20-second timeout per game.
- The tournament is set up for round robin pool play within 3 divisions with tiered playoffs.
- Teams are seeded after round robin based on a point system: a win = 3 points, a tie = 1 point, a loss = 0 points. A cross group seeding system will be used to place teams in a 12 team playoff.
- In playoffs, a single elimination bracket will be used.
- Rules are based on Floorball Canada Rules modified for Corporate Champions Vancouver.
- Notable modifications include unlimited substitutions, and substitutions made on the fly.
- There must be at least one member of the opposite sex on the court at all times, not including the goalie.
- Teams must check in at their respective tournament desk 15 minutes before their scheduled match. Failure to check in within 5 minutes following the scheduled start time of your match will result in a forfeit. Teams do have the option of playing their games after this point, but the score will not be recorded.
- In the case of a forfeit, the team present will be awarded a score of 3-0.
Tiebreaker Rules for Seeding:
- Total Points Scored
- Point Differential
- Total Points Allowed
- If still tied after all 3 tie breakers, coin toss.
Overtime for Playoffs:
- 3 person shootout
- Floorball sticks and balls and nets will be provided.
- Players are welcome to bring their own equipment
- Goalie equipment is provided but it is recommended that if teams have floorball goalie equipment that they bring it.
- 1st: Canadian Mortgage Experts
- 2nd: EA
- 3rd: WCB
- 1st: YVR
- 2nd: WCB-Alpha
- 3rd: City of Vancouver