The Outdoor Soccer tournament continues the traditional of being CCV’s celebrated kick-off event. Whether you’re cheering on your co-workers or playing for the win, the CCV Outdoor Soccer Tournament is sure to deliver a great time.
|Date||Sunday May 28th: Round Robin AND
Sunday Jun 4th: Playoffs
(THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT)
|Time||Round Robin: 8:30am- 5pm| Playoffs: 8:30am – 5pm
Please arrive 30 minute before to perform waiver check and warm up
(See game schedule below)
|Format||Co-Red Outdoor Soccer 7’s|
|Venue||Trillium Park Site (map)|
|Skill Level||Round Robin Day 1; Teams will be ranked and play in 3 separate tiers for playoffs|
|Players||Min 8 | Max 12 (Minimum one of the opposite gender)|
|WAIVERS||Click to Sign HERE (Sign just once to cover all the 2017 Summer Games events)|
- Games are played 7 a side (6 plus goalie)
- Each game will consist of two 17-minute halves with a 3-minute halftime break. Each team is allowed on 20-second timeout per game.
- The tournament is set up into separate pools. The top team in each pool will move into Tier 1 for playoffs. The 2nd and 3rd place teams will move into Tier 2, and the 4th/5th place teams will be in Tier 3. All teams advance to the playoffs after round robin play. (*Note: This is only used as a general guideline. Tiering is subject to the discretion of CCV. More or less than 2 teams may be moved into the appropriate tier.)
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for each tier.
- Teams are seeded after round robin based on a point system: a win = 3 points, a tie = 1 point, a loss = 0 points.
- In playoffs, a single-elimination bracket will be used
- Rules are based on FIFA rules modified for Corporate Champions Vancouver.
- Notable modifications include: No slide-tackling, no off-sides, kick-ins (opposed to throw-ins) from the side, and substitutions are made on the fly.
- There must be at least 1 member of the opposite sex on the court at all times.
- Complete Rules and Regulations HERE
- The only prohibited footwear is six studded soccer cleats. Running shoes are permitted but TURF soccer shoes are highly encouraged to prevent foot/ankle injuries. Grass soccer cleats are NOT ideal as they won’t sink into the turf and are often associated with tendinitis related injuries when played on turf.
- Shin pads are mandatory.
- Game balls and nets will be provided, but please bring your own ball for warm up and practice in between games
- 1st: EA
- 2nd: Coast Capital Savings – Alpha
- 3rd: Amazon – Alpha
- 1st: SNC Lavalin
- 2nd: EY
- 3rd: PNI Media
- 1st: Teck
- 2nd: Sycle
- 3rd: POF
- 1st: EA
- 2nd: lululemon
- 3rd: Coast Capital – Bravo
- 1st: Intact Insurance
- 2nd: Amazon – Alpha
- 3rd: Urthecast
- 1st: City of Vancouver
- 2nd: Paris Orthotics
- 3rd: Intel Canada
- 1st: EA
- 2nd: PwC
- 3rd: City of Vancouver
Recreational Division 1:
- 1st: Coast Capital Saving – Bravo
- 2nd: YVR
- 3rd: WCB
Recreational 2 Division:
- 1st: Solaris MCI
- 2nd: Casino Royale Rentals
- 3rd: Microsoft/Amazon Vancouver (tie)